A Must Read if Moving within Pennsylvania

Moves within the state of Pennsylvania are regulated by the Pennsylvania Utility Commission.  Household goods movers are required to be licensed by the Public Utility Commission and must maintain adequate levels of insurance coverage and charge fees approved by the PUC.

The following regulations are set forth by the PUC to ensure quality service:


All movers are required to provide a written estimate prior to move day.


If the move is 40 miles or less, the charge will be based on an hourly rate.  If the move is over 40 miles the charges will be based on weight and mileage.

Damage Coverage:

Protection of $0.60 per pound per article is provided free of charge. Protection greater than $0.60 per pound can be provided by the mover at an additional charge.

Proof of Damage: 

Upon completion of delivery the driver will ask you to sign the delivery receipt.  Before signing, be sure all damage is noted on the receipt.

In order to verify your movers license contact the Pennsylvania Utility Commission at (800) 782-1110.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

Scroll to Top